On this website:
If you wish, you can contact the person responsible for privacy on this Web site. Contact Us
- It is only held while you are a customer, or for any extra period required by law.
- You are able to amend or delete your personal information held by the site. Contact Us
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
As a small business, we are exempted from the operation of the Privacy Act. However, protection of your personal information that we collect is very important to us. This policy sets out how we handle any personal information we collect or receive about you.
Our personal information handling practices
We use the definition of personal information contained in s 6(1) of the Privacy Act. It states that personal information is ‘information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion’.
We try to collect personal information directly from the individual.
We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our activities and only when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes. These purposes include:
- To provide you with information you have enquired about
- To provide you with goods you have purchased
- To provide you with services you have purchased
- When you ask to be on an email or mailing list so that we can send you information about our activities and/or publications
- When you send us information about an event you are organising for us to publicise on our website
- For normal communication processes when we might email you, text you or phone you
When you only browse the website, we do not collect your personal information.
When you look at our website, Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .org, .au, etc)
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- The date and time of your visit to our site
- Whether you have visited our site before
- The previous site you visited, and
- The type of browser being used. We do not identify you or your browsing activities except, in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the internet service provider’s server logs.
The cookie is used to indicate to other websites that “This person visited a particular page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google Ads Remarketing and Facebook Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you based on your past browsing habits. If you do not wish to see ads from us you can opt out in several ways:
We do not disclose your information to third parties.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete. These steps include maintaining and updating personal information when we are advised by you that your personal information has changed.
If you choose to join our email lists, complete online forms or lodge enquiries, your contact details are stored on password-protected databases.
When you cease to be a member of our website, we will destroy your personal information in a secure manner or delete it. If you have not purchased goods, services or visited our website for six months we will delete your information. You can request that your personal information be deleted at any time.
Access and correction
If you wish to request access to the personal information we hold about you, or request that we change that personal information, we will allow access or make the changes unless we consider that there is a sound reason to withhold the information under relevant law such as the Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) (FOI Act) or other relevant information.
How to contact us